For Extra Support – When Being Human Gets Tough
This website is intended as a general source of information and is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of professionals in relation to your own mental health or physical health.
If you, your child, your partner or anyone else you love is struggling in any way, please seek (or encourage them to seek) professional support.
In the midst of a struggle, it’s easy to think that nothing will help, but there is so much support and professional help available – it’s just a matter of finding it. You don’t need to do it on your own.
Where to find help will depend on the country you live in, but here are some places to start.
If you live in Australia:
- Lifeline Australia (24-hour phone support for anyone who needs it)
- Beyondblue (Depression, Anxiety, Suicide with phone or web chat)
- Mind Health Connect (Mental health and wellbeing information, programs, helplines)
- Headspace (Mental health support and information for 12-25 year olds and their families)
- Kids Helpline (24-hour phone support for kids and teens)
- The Butterfly Foundation (Support line and information for eating disorders and negative body image)
If you live in the US:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (For immediate support)
- Crisis Chat (For immediate support)
- Crisis Text Line (Text 741741 from anywhere in USA for free, 24/7 support from a trained Crisis Counselor)
- Imalive (For immediate support)
- You Matter (Information and support for young adults on various mental health issues)
- Stop Bullying (Information and support for bullying)
- SAMHSA (24-hour national phone hotline – information and treatment referral for substance use or mental health issues)
If you live in the UK:
- Samaritans (For immediate support)
- Depression UK (Support and helplines for various mental health issues)
- YoungMinds (Information and support for young people, and parent helpline)
- ChildLine (Immediate phone support and information for kids and teens)
International suicide hotline:
- Befrienders (Enter your country to find an emotional support helpline)
Bullying and Cyber-bullying:
- Information about bullying and cyber-bullying for students, teachers and school administrators.